I have a new smart phone. thought I would see how easy it is to blog. not bad at all.
Wednesday, 30 June 2010
Tuesday, 15 June 2010
I took a photo of the layout for the phoenix spread before I stuck it down. I found that seeing it as a photo helped me to change the layout for the better. Unfortunately the unstuck one looks a little better than the stuck one because it has more depth.
A couple of weeks ago our textiles group experimented with brayers and fabric paints. We put the paint on glass, rolled with a brayer and then put fabric on top. We also did some drawing on the glass. This was done by Mavis and she gave it to me so I could use it for the water spread in the earth, air, fire and water altered book. It didn't work out because it was the wrong shape and size for the book I was working on. Even scanned and stretched it didn't work.
I really like it though and need to think of something else to use it in.