Sunday 21 May 2006


I belong to the experimental acrylics group on Yahoo. At the moment, our group leader is holding virtual classes. This blog shows the work progressing.
I bought a couple of pictures from the £ store for a £ ($2) each some months ago. It makes a really cheap canvas. This is the one I used for this painting.

The first step was to create a background. Get rid of the white - or in my case, the original picture.

The next step was to add some texture. I used a large stamp to start with but didn't like it. I used cling film (plastic wrap) to cover it up.

The next step was to add some brush work. I chose green because it is the colour opposite red (and therefore complementary) on the colour wheel.

Some spritzing was done over stencils and finally, paint was spread onto a CD case and then the CD Case was placed on the picture.

This is a section of the final painting.


I saw a piece of work by somebody recently who had created a mixed media art piece with lace and I fancied having a go myself. Of course, on that particular day, I didn't have any lace. My mum visited recently and gave me a bag of lace to use, and then I had to wait a few more weeks before I had time to start. Any way, that time has come.

My first step was to paint a background.
The second step was to add some lace.
The third step was to dab some white paint onto the lace. The picture you see here is after the third step.

And this is a close up:

After it had dried, I then added some puff paint and heated it.
I then painted with a rather gorgeous metallic purple paint that I have.

And this is a close up:

I want to add some buttons and beads next. I need to wait until next weekend, got to spend some time at work first, sniff, sniff.