Sunday 22 March 2009

Ray the Bead

I think I should change the name of my blog to "The Workshop Addict". I have been to 2 this week. On Tuesday I went to a glass bead making course with "Ray the Bead". Ray is such a lovely person. He lives on a narrow boat and travels the canals of Britain, making beads. He has just extended his barge so he now has a workshop and a shop for selling beads.

I shan't be taking bead making up, I am too cack handed. You have to be able to twirl rods of glass and a metal mandrel in a flame, both at the same time. However, I did make one bead that is lovely, some of the rest are OK and most are terrible! Photos of my own beads will come later. These are what the group made.



And ths is a close up of the plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.