Sunday 4 April 2010

Fabulous Faces - Lesson 6 - Post 1/3


Lesson6-FirstSteps, originally uploaded by juliestenning.

Lessons 3, 4 and 5 now missed. Actually, that isn't quite true. Lesson 3 was about doing a three quarters portrait. I did one which was nearly OK but the the far side of the far side eye was pointed and you can't see that point on a 3/4 portrait. So, I decided to use a photograph as inspiration. I found one on the net and posterised it in Paint Shop Pro so I easily see the shading. I traced it onto my page so I couldn't get it wrong. The girl in the original photo is so so gorgeous and looks like a monster in my picture!

Lesson 4 was about profile portraits, which is this one. Lesson 5 is about adding elements and objects and lesson 6 is about mixed media backgrounds. These next three posts are for lessons 4 and 6.

The first image is the initial sketch. Her head looks far too big but her eyes are half way down the head. My natural instinct is still to draw eyes a third of the way down, but I measure with my thumbs and fingers now a days to make sure I don't do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.