Friday 26 December 2008

The Trike


Earlier this year, DH purchased a second hand recumbent tricycle and I bought one a few weeks ago. They are much more comfortable to ride than a bicycle because you are sitting in a chair rather than a saddle, and the handlebars are in a much more comfortable place.

They are slower going up hills than a bike and faster going down, however, you can stop half way up a hill and get started again very easily.

The only disadvantage I have found is that your legs get very cold and my big toes go numb. I also have cleated shoes and I find them tricky to fit on the pedals.

We went on my third trip this morning, about 5 miles which took an hour. I had to have a hot bath when I got home but I did feel a lot better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.