Saturday 3 October 2009

Doll Heads

During the first weekend in September I went to Cromer in Norfolk (UK) to do a two day workshop with Jan Horrox. It was all about making heads for dolls. We made the middle two on the first day and the outside two on the second. I was very pleased with the results, I have rather a lot of awful heads in my body box.

The one at the top is actually a flat piece of material but the shading makes it look as if the nose is sticking out.

The one on the right is supposed to be a troll but I sewed top top of the front section to the bottom of the back. I was able to redeem it with some judicious needle scuplting. I just need to make bodies now to finish them off. Making bodies is easy in comparison to heads. You can visit Jan's site at www.janhorrox.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.