Monday 27 March 2006


Inspired by Mark Rothko and Angie Hughes. I have recently been taking machine embroidery classes with Angie Huges in Ledbury in England. Angie taught us how to use zig zag machine embroidery and I used that technique for this zapbook page. Angie has been inspired by Mark Rothko, and through her, so have I.

I bought a new sewing machine on Friday and was able to use it for this piece. It is the first time I have had a new machine. My first one was a hand me down from my mum, very gratefully received. It was stolen from my car when I was escaping from husband no. 1. My second one was bought second hand when I was a student. It wasn't quite up to the machine embroidery, hence the new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.