Tuesday 7 September 2010

A Strange Dream

Last night I dreamed that Moira Stewart rang me up to tell me that I had got the gift aid donation wrong for some people that were coming on a course and that it would affect their tax bills and they might be one of the million or so people that will be getting letters from the tax authorities. I was able to tell her that ticking boxes for gift aid did not make any difference to how much tax people paid.

For those of you who don't know, Moira Stewart is a news reader, firstly on the TV and now on the radio. She has the most gorgeous voice and perfect diction. Our tax authorities have got a new computer system and have worked out that a million or so people have either over paid or under paid tax and the Inland Revenue are sending letters out to these people to let them know. A few 10s of thousands are being sent today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.