Friday 24 December 2010

Visit to L'Escala in Spain - Montpellier - Perpignan - Sunday November 7th

The train for Perpignan left at 11:57. The journey was 1 hour 40 minutes.



Sete Train Station had some interesting art.


I just love this. The photo was taken from the train so I wasn't able to inspect the picture fully. Does anyone know who the artist is?


The SNCF trains are very striking.




I'm not sure which town had the castle. After Sete, the train went through the Carmargue. I saw several groups of flamingos and other birds that I didn't recognise.No photos though. A fast train gets you to your destination quickly but makes it difficult to take photos.


Despite our communication difficulties, Mandi met me at the station and Dave drove us to their home in L'Escala. It is the first time since I was a child that I have driven through a national border. France and Spain are both in the E.U. so we did not have to show any travel documents.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.