Monday 27 December 2010

Visit to L'Escala in Spain - Pals - Tuesday November 9th

Tuesday was the big day, Mandi and I were the tutors for the morning art class. We were picked up by a couple of Mandi's friends and they drove us to the Civic Centre in Pals.


View Larger Map

We were early so had time to visit the local market. I bought a couple of outfits for the new twins. I didn't manage to take photos myself and they are for 3 month old babies, so no photos yet from the parents. They were gorgeous outfits, bright red corduroy coats and dresses with a grey and red t-shirt to match.

The session went well, but if I were to do it again, I would do it in a different order. I spent a few minutes introducing some of the principles, and then we drew Stravinsky the right way up, then we did the same upside down and lastly we did the knight on the horse. (See the previous post). Because I talked about the theory first, the difference between the right way up and wrong way up drawings was not that great, but some members of the class did feel that the wrong way up drawings were a better match to the original. They found the same as I did, that the knight was a lot easier than expected. In order not to engage the left mode of the brain, no talking was allowed when we were doing our drawing, what power!


The room we were in had this fabulous wall hanging. I think it might be stump work technique. I'm not sure if it is of Pals, I presume it is.



The lobby of the Civic Centre had lots of photos of committee members past and present. It looked as if the community was very active.

After the lesson, we went to a local Cafe for coffee. It was nice to be able to chat to the students (all of whom were from the U.K.) and find out a bit about their lives in Spain. The art group does have some non-UK members but they were not there this time.

There was a shrine of the Madonna outside the Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.